On the road to more discovery I ran across this book last month. I was intrigued by the tenacity of this author. So I wanted to share. This is good stuff for anyone.
This book by Peter Arnell is called Shift. In this book he talked about having a why not me too attitude. He basically said it was this belief that helped him loose over 256lbs and remain one of the most sought after marketing professionals in the business. He was the brains behind the brands such as Pepsi, Donna Karan, DKNY and many others.
Here are a few bits and pieces I found to be interesting:
- So many people wait to be invited to (fill in the blank) when they don’t have to ask permission. They are already on the list. They are already invited. They just have to show up.
- You don’t have to put yourself into the box others put you in. You tell the world who you are through your personal brand.
- True branding is authentic. There is no walls between your personal and professional life. He calls it One Life and we all live and work together.
- Draw inspiration and perspective from your own life and do not ignore the lessons from the past because it will help you in the future.
- Imagination, collaboration and knowledge drive out fear. When you can get past the fear you gain energy and focus to get past anything. You can move past old limitations and shift the contours of your life.
The most important thing I thought was his understanding of basic human psychology. Everyone wants an invitation. When you do something from the heart for the heart if affects people. Out of all the points I think this may be the most important to remember.
Whatever you do, do it from your heart. People will remember it! We have One Life. Make it count!
What does this have to do with accounting, taxes or anything you may ask? Well, maybe nothing to you but to me, this is what I do with my heart.
If it’s time to Shift some things in your life I highly recommend this book. The branding and marketing advice alone is worth it but the additional advice on how to approach a big goal was priceless.
You can do it and we will be there with you every step of the way!