There are changes that are taking place at the beginning of the year that may affect your business if you’re in Arizona.
Today we attended a webinar on the changes affecting sales taxes and licensing in the State of Arizona.
Retailers and Contractors who collect/charge sales taxes will be affected.
Here are the highlights:
- Everyone who currently holds a TPT license will receive a renewal form titled 2015 Transaction Privilege Tax Renewal Forms.
- The renewal is due Jan 1st and good through December 31, 2015.
- This is an annual renewal.
- Non-program cities (including Tucson, Nogales, will be doing their own renewals). You should receive a separate form from them.
What to do?
- Review the form for accurate information.
- If it is accurate, AT THE TOP OF THE FORM, indicate that there are no changes. If not, modify it on the form.
- Sign and Return to the AZ Department of Revenue.
Verify that the locations are correct. If you do work in more locations than noted you must indicate that the new location and pay the $12 fee. Submit the fee with the renewal application.
Contractors – MAJOR Changes for you!!!!
We are continuing to work on understanding how this new law actually applies to you all. This is an evolving change and will be something that will be worked on by the State of Arizona and Contractors will be learning over the course of this next year.
Arizona Transaction Privilege Notice, TPN 14-1, Issued on November 18th, 2014 is a FAQ and examples of how this will be working going forward.
Here is the link so you can work with us to see how this new change will be affecting you.
We will be attending a class downtown next week on Thursday, December 18th at the Eckstrom-Columbus Library at 4350 E 22nd Street, Tucson, from 1:30-3:30 pm.
If you would like to sign up and attend with us please register.
I am hoping that I will be able to simplify these rules but they appear to be rather complex. So much for a simplified system!
As always, we will do our best to keep you in the loop.